Monday 13 August 2012

Day 11: Dinner



Roast lamb, new potatoes, broccoli, carrots, Yorkshire puddings, and stock.  Accompanied by a glass of red wine.

Out at my father-in-laws for a big family dinner.  I decided at the start of this project that I wouldn't be precious about it.  Nobody like that person who is a pain in the arse to feed and makes a point of letting everyone else know what's wrong with there diet!  That and the fact that Yorkshire puddings are one of my favourite things ever - my willpower couldn't take it!

Today was another day without lunch.  I'd been helping my father-in-law on a big clear up project and had been doing heavy lifting on a field in the middle of nowhere all day, truly brutal work.  I had drunk 3-4 litres of water and still felt slightly dehydrated as it had been a hot day, and I had taken a couple of handfuls of mixed nuts to try to keep me going, which it did just fine.

With dinner, I toyed with being good, but eventually gave in!  Although the rest of my day hadn't been a cheat at all, I decided I would make this my treat day and go all out, hence potatoes, Yorkshire puddings and fruit salad for pudding.  After that there was also some vanilla ice cream that wasn't pictured.  All in all very enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts, suggestions and questions so please feel free to comment. Constructive criticism is welcomed, but if you're rude, offensive or a downright pain in the arse to myself or others, you can expect your comment to be a goner!

Also, please comment under your own name, not that of a business/organisation, and don't link to your own site in the comment text. It's not good manners, smacks a bit of spamming and will be gone before you know it.

Other than that, have fun, interact and hopefully between us we can create something worthwhile that will help to improve some lives along the way.....