Sunday 5 August 2012

Day 5: Drink - a lesson to be learned


This Is Water orange and lemon drink.


I was on my way into London for a friends engagement drinks, and decided to take a long walk from the train station to the venue.  It lasted about 40-50mins and it was quite a balmy afternoon in London.  I was a bit rushed as I wasn't sure where I was going and had cut it quite tight if I were to get lost.  On passing a Tesco's Local I nipped in to get a drink.  As it was a cheat day, I really fancied something refreshing and fruity.  I didn't go for any of the fruit juices as I could only see the cheap concentrated varieties, but in a moment of rushing and despite knowing better I picked this up as it looked good.  I paid for it and set off on my journey again.  Whilst drinking, I thought I'd read the nutrition label to see the calories I was taking in via this cheat drink.  160kcals roughly, isn't actually too bad, but I was really disappointed to see that sugar was added to the mix.  


It just goes to show, don't judge a product by it's packaging!  They know what they are doing and package a product to directly influence you in your decision making process.  Premium packaging often doesn't mean premium product and they will obviously always sell you the upside.  Although it tasted very nice, it's not something I'll be buying again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts, suggestions and questions so please feel free to comment. Constructive criticism is welcomed, but if you're rude, offensive or a downright pain in the arse to myself or others, you can expect your comment to be a goner!

Also, please comment under your own name, not that of a business/organisation, and don't link to your own site in the comment text. It's not good manners, smacks a bit of spamming and will be gone before you know it.

Other than that, have fun, interact and hopefully between us we can create something worthwhile that will help to improve some lives along the way.....