Sunday 5 August 2012

Day 5: Dinner and Drinks and a Technical Hitch



Unfortunately I have no pictures or Foursquare check in to show you from my consumption at my friends engagement party as my phone died whilst out for the evening!  So the above was a picture I pulled from their website.  The venue was called the Fulham Wine Rooms and it was a fantastic place if you like wines.  What the picture above shows is a set of fridges stocked with white, rose and red wines all kept at appropriate temperatures.  You can buy a card and an amount of credit and just help yourself to a glass, choosing a taster, a small or a large glass serving of the wine of your choice.  It is a great concept and a real winner in a group setting.


I ended up having six small (125ml) glasses of various red wines, all of which were good, and a couple excellent.  I had been desperately searching around beforehand for something half decent to eat as I'm no heavyweight when it comes to holding my drink!  Didn't manage to, but was really glad when I met the couple in question at the bar and we started ordering food from the menu.  It was a tapas style meal, and we had a selection of cured meats one of which was Iberico ham.  This ham, I'd had before in Seville, Spain and it is without a doubt the very best cured meat I have ever tasted.  If anyone knows of  one better I want to know as I need it in my life!  I also had whitebait fish, some sort of chilli spiced octopus, roasted and stuffed pimiento peppers, king prawns with chorizo, and I had one piece of garlic ciabatta.  The food was fantastic quality, and apart from the garlic bread, actually all within limits on a normal day.  I did ruin it on the train home however by buying a steak and ale pasty, which I'm disappointed with myself for!  It's a typical weakness for me; getting drunk = getting munchies = eating bad food!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts, suggestions and questions so please feel free to comment. Constructive criticism is welcomed, but if you're rude, offensive or a downright pain in the arse to myself or others, you can expect your comment to be a goner!

Also, please comment under your own name, not that of a business/organisation, and don't link to your own site in the comment text. It's not good manners, smacks a bit of spamming and will be gone before you know it.

Other than that, have fun, interact and hopefully between us we can create something worthwhile that will help to improve some lives along the way.....